- This event has passed.
Sunday Wine at Great Bear Vineyards
April 3 @ 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm$15 – $45
Enjoy some weekend wine in our beautiful winery gardens at Great Bear Vineyards on Sunday, April 3, from noon-4pm. Opt for a glass of one wine or a flight of 5 wines. Come sip and listen to live piano music by Davis local David Kyle. Please reserve your tickets in advance on our website store.
Glasses of wine are $15 per person, and the ticket includes one glass of Great Bear Vineyards wine along with a souvenir wine glass to take home. Wine tastings are $25 per person and include a flight of 5 Great Bear Vineyards wines along with a souvenir wine glass.
We have partnered with the cheesemongers, Jessica Glosier and Gregg Minasian, at Davis Food Co-op to bring you a selection of 5 wonderful cheeses that pair with 5 of our superb wines. You will receive a set of tasting notes for each of the cheeses and we can talk you through the wines that pair with each cheese.
You can buy our cheese box for an additional $20 containing 5 specially selected local cheeses: Nicasio Valley Locarno – an Organic Cow’s Milk Brie; Cypress Grove Bermuda Triangle – tart and tangy goat cheese; Pt Reyes Toma – Cow’s milk Farmhouse semi-firm cheese; Tillamook Master’s Reserve 2016 – Extra sharp “Sort of Local” Cheddar; Valley Ford Estero Gold Reserve is a raw milk, Montasio style wheel. Or you are welcome to bring your own picnic or have food delivered from Davis restaurants.
For glasses of wine, guests may choose between the following selections:
- Cabernet Sauvignon, The Graduate
- Rose of Cabernet Sauvignon
- Sauvignon Blanc
All tables are outdoors and socially distanced, and our staff is taking every precaution to ensure a safe and clean environment. You will be required to ensure the safety and comfort of all our customers and will need to please do the following:
- wear a mask at all times, except when seated at your table
- on arrival, sanitize your hands and confirm that you have had none of the symptoms of COVID, nor been in contact with anyone suspected to have COVID in the past two weeks
- maintain a distance of 6 foot or more from other guests and tables
- keep your group size at 6 or less people per table
- Or for larger gatherings – these are only allowed for 3 households with a maximum of 16 individuals who can all sit together, preferably by household
Once you are seated, you will be able to remove your masks, drink some superb award-winning wines, and have a wonderful time!
Also, please note:
- our property is smoke/vape free and only allows service dogs
- all our tables are outside, so do wear a warm jacket if the forecast is for cool weather
- we do have a covered dining & tasting area in the event of rain